Calming Lavender Playdough
Playdough is a favourite for many. You can use it for sensory play, as a tool in educational set ups (such as our Layers of Earth), landforms for playdough small world play and more.
The texture is grounding and provides a satisfying sensory experience. Adding Lavender provides a calming agent for little ones when they feel overwhelmed.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup of salt
- 3 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- Lavender essential oil (add your desired amount, you won't need as much if you are adding the dried lavender)
- Dried lavender (optional)
- Colouring (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the oil and colouring if desired.
- Pour in the boiling water and stir until a dough starts to form.
- Add your essential oil and knead the dough as it cools until it is smooth.
You can add dried lavender into the dough but I find children have fun doing this themselves.
For extras add crystals and play some calming music.