Nebula in a Jar
- Glass jar
- Watercolour paint
- Cotton balls
- Paper or gold flakes (we were inspired to add the flakes as a glitter alternative, thanks to Whole Beings)
- A paint brush
- Cup or mixing dish
- Loosen your cotton balls and place into the bottom of the jar, add in some of your paper flakes as well. If you're using two colours, fill your jar half way with cotton balls, if you're using three colours, fill it 1/3rd.
- Next add a small amount of your watercolour paint into a cup and add some water. Mix until the paint is completely combined with the water then pour in slowly over your cotton balls.
- Create your next layer by loosening more cotton balls and adding them into the jar, while also adding more paper flakes.
- Mix your next watercolour paint with water again and pour into your jar over the next cotton ball layer, slowly. Repeat if you are doing a third colour.
- Seal your lid and your nebula is done!
The colours should create a slight mix inbetween layers and provide that beautiful cloudly nebula look. I recommend not shaking the jars as your colours may mix completely.
We love seeing when you try our tutorials and love to give back by sharing your creations.