Harness the magic of the moon in a child's eyes and imagination with the creation of a beautiful moon wand. These can be made for any phase of the moon and a great way to celebrate different full moons throughout the year with the option to decorate them accordingly.
What you will need
- Thick sticks
- Sandpaper or sander
- Small saw
- Air dry clay
- Paint and modpodge (optional)
- Hot glue gun or other glue of choice
- Twine or cord
- Circle or moon-shaped cookie cutter.
How to create a moon wand
- Roll out your air dry clay and cut your moon shapes with cookie cutters. Allow your moons to dry completely.
- Select thick sticks and cut to size. Sand the bark off and smooth the sharp edges at both ends.
- Cut a groove into the top of your wand, making sure that your moon will fit. Glue the moon in.
- Wrap some cord around your wand then add a crystal and wrap it more. Tie at the back. Glue smaller crystals onto your wand.
You can add shapes and patterns to your moon if you wish. We created an Autumn full moon wand by rolling some leaves into our clay, lifting them off and painting over their impressions once dry.