Autumn is a gorgeous time of year, watching nature shift to prepare itself for winter. We see an array of warm colours grace the green of the leaves, until they are released from the tree and scattered on the ground. Endless opportunities to play and explore and amazing natural resources for arts and crafts such as these autumn crowns.
What you will need
- Pliable wood (we used willow)
- Autumn leaves
- Acorn caps or other treasures that aren't too heavy.
- Glue (we used a glue gun)
- Mod podge (optional to seal the leaves at the end to preserve them)
How to make your crown
- Weave your pliable wood into a hoop, making sure that the size is the right fit.
- Apply a line of glue on the outside of the hoop and attach a leaf just under half way. Turn the hoop around and apply glue to the bottom of the leaf and press to wrap it under and behind the front of the crown. Repeat this step as you add your desired amount of leaves. You can add small leaves on top of your base leaves if desired and decorate by gluing your acorn caps or other treasures on.