Rainbow Colour Sorting
Rainbows truly are one of Earth's most beautiful natural sights. The excitement and magical feels that fill a child's smile as they spot a rainbow is a precious moment for any parent or caregiver.
Another beautiful form of rainbow our Earth creates is the variety of brilliant colours in the form of gemstones. In this activity we combine the two to explore colours as the gemstones are sorted onto the rainbow.
To create the set up you'll need
- Watercolour paint and brush
- Cardboard sheet or watercolour paper.
- Wooden or tray
- A variety of colourful gemstones
- Any additional decorations you'd like to add such as greenery or a small Grimms rainbow
Putting it together
- Paint a rainbow on a sheet of cardboard or watercolour paper. Add a heart below the rainbow in pink if you wish to allow for stones such as Rose Quartz.
- Once the painting has dried, place it down with a little greenery and fill a bowl or tray with different colourful gemstones.
This activity should be supervised at all times with the small loose parts that can be a choking hazard.