Create your own clay sight words and extra words to practice reading and forming sentences. They can also be used for grouping word families and other literacy activities.
- Air dry clay
- Clay carving tools
- Gem gravel
- Baking paper
- Rolling pin
- Roll out your clay and cut them into even rows. Separate your rows.
- Using your tools, scribe the letters for your words onto the clay and then carve them deeper into the clay. Use a little water on your fingertip to smooth out your clay.
- Gently place a few crystals around each word and press them into the clay with the flat back of one of your carving tools.
- Cut your separate words and set aside to dry.
- Once your words have dried you may choose to paint inside the carved letters to make them stand out more. Let the paint dry and you’re all done!