Blueberry and Lavender Jam
- 4 cups of blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey (rice malt syrup, maple or alternative for vegan)
- 1 tbsp lavender
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Grind lavender buds in mortar and pestle.
- Put glass jam jar (without lid) in the oven on low heat.
- Put washed blueberries into a saucepan with syrup and lavender. Cook on low-medium heat until blueberries are tender.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Cook for a couple more minutes and then either mash or transfer to a processor (depending if you like chunky jam), blitz and return mixture to a saucepan on low heat.
- Remove hot jam jar from the oven and set aside.
- Add chia seeds and stir until mixture thickens.
- Turn heat off and add put the hot jam into the hot jar.
- Carefully place the lid on and allow to cool before refrigerating.